9.21.2006

Puppy in training



This crazy dog of ours! I had a breaking point earlier this week with Duke. He's just OUT OF CONTROL! I had enough of the whizzing, chewing and disobeying that I could handle. Heck, I get enough of that from Bryce so why should I have to take it from the dog? I signed him up for Puppy Obiedience Classes at PetSmart. We started last night and we will continue for 8 weeks. All I can say is WOW! After only one class he learned the commands "sit", "watch", and "stand". I can finally get his attention now. She gave us some GREAT advice on house training. Things that I was doing wrong, like leaving his food and water out for him ALL DAY is a big no-no until he's trained. We're working on that full-force now!

4 comments:

chandra said...

Awww, what a sweet puppy! Glad to hear the training classes are doing the trick!

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

That's a cute pic of the puppy!!! Hope he continues to learn to obey and behave!! Your house is too nice for dog pee!

Kristen said...

Gosh, do they have these classes for husbands too???

Riki said...

love the photo & the name - duke. Reminds me of the bush's dog. :)
Good luck getting him trained.