8.24.2007

Shopaholic makes a movie!

Given the success of Bridget Jones' Diary and any number of other "chick flicks" based on chick lit, I'm surprised it's taken this long to hear news about a movie based on the Sophie Kinsella Shopaholic series. But alas, now the time has come for a film all about Becky Bloomwood and her wacky adventures.

ComingSoon reports:

P.J. Hogan (Peter Pan, My Best Friend's Wedding) will direct Confessions of a Shopaholic, an adaptation of the bestselling novel by Sophie Kinsella. Jerry Bruckheimer will produce.

Shooting begins this November so I'll be on the lookout for upcoming casting news. I just read in 'US Weekly' that Isla Fisher has been cast as Becky Bloomwood.

She was the crazy sister in "Wedding Crashers" and is also pregnant with Borat's child. I can see her in the role of Becky, but I really, really hope that they color her hair!!! I can't get the whole "She's a red-haired Bitch and I hate her" t-shirt image out of my head from the 'Shopaholic and Baby' book. I hope they consider that.

2 comments:

Jacy said...

I am so excited about this! Thanks for posting :) I am with ya, she has to color her hair!!

Anonymous said...

I googled the phrase, "she's a red haired bitch, and I hate her!" and came up with your blog. I'm with you, I can't get that phrase out of my head either! I think it's the funniest thing in the world, and wonder why no one is marketing those tshirts described in the book? In fact, I only wish I hated someone badly enough to make my own shirt!