6.19.2008

-livid-

Well, let me start by saying it has been one heck of a week. A very weird, strange week.

My neighbor has officially PISSED me off, so now I'm posing a WWYD situation. I would LOVE to hear how you would handle this....

Here's the back story....

Our neighbor never ever cuts his grass. Well, maybe 3 times a year. Just kidding, more like 10. So, it's always so high. This week the grass on the side of his yard closest to our house came up to my waist, no kidding. He'll mow the front, but never the rest. We have to look at it. Well...he came home yesterday with a brand-spankin' new riding lawnmower. YEE-HAW! I don't think he owns a weed-eater either, so this should be interesting. He gets everything geared up to mow. Chris and I are all excited and staring out the window, thinking the days of the waist-high yard may be a thing of the past. Chris went out to inspect the yard work last night (yep, we're the anal neighbors) and noticed that the neighbor blew his waist-high grass all over our fence. Normally I wouldn't have been SO upset, but we just rented a pressure washer two weeks ago to wash our fence. Last week, we stained our fence and still have another coat of stain to go. Now I'm pissed. I didn't react on it at the moment and I didn't let Chris either. I guess I'm getting a little older and more level-headed. We decided if we were still upset tomorrow and he doesn't clean up his grass (which was piled up literally 6 inches up our fence) then we would say something. I had to go out to work last night and got home around midnight. I walked to the side yard and I guess I was still upset about it. I went into the garage and grabbed a rake. In my rage, I raked all the grass by the light of that big 'ol moon we had last night. I placed the huge pile right infront of my neighbor's car. That's me to a "t". Passive-agressive. Thinking he'll see that we raked the grass and *think* that we don't want it there, and hopefully it won't happen again. Any suggestions on what to do if it happens again? I would like to keep it civil, but....maybe if I piss them off they will move ;)

5 comments:

Roxy said...

I would be upset too girl. Have you mentioned it to him? Some people don't see the obvious which sounds like your neighbor is totally blind to it. I am passive-aggressive as well but it's never worked out in my favor I'm afraid. Good luck and hopefully he'll get this act together or move!!

Unknown said...

if it was ME... I would have put it ON his car -- LOL

Heather K

Jacy said...

I wouldn't be the right person to ask since we just got into a huge blowout with our neighbor. If I had my situation to do over again though, I would have talked to her about what my problem was and tried to deal with it.
Sorry, I have crappy neighbors everywhere I look so I can relate but not be much help.

Angie Morris said...

OMG I'd be ticked off too. I hate when our neighbors get to close to our side and cut our grass! I'd be ticked.

Now I am just laughing imagining you out there at midnight raking LOL

chandra said...

How frustrating. Sorry about the lame neighbor. Maybe your little hint will do the trick.