6.24.2008

TO DO - AND ALREADY DONE

TODAY:

-pilates (done)

-drop off stuff at Goodwill (done)

-Meet Libby for lunch (done)

-Shop for new outfit for court (done)

-iron clothes (not done)

-confirm with sitter for tomorrow morning (done)

-swimming lessons (not time yet)

-go by AT&T store to look at phones (not done)

TOMORROW:

-court at 9am

-Zanies for celebration or mourning...depending on how above event pans out


My stomach has been churning today. I haven't been nervous AT ALL about the court thing until I talked to Chris earlier today. He will have to go on the stand. Not that we have anything to hide, I guess I just thought it would be a fairly quick hearing and only the lawyers would be doing the talking. I don't like the element of surprise. I hope he handles the questions well. We are, of course, putting her on the stand tomorrow in return. The paralegal at our attorney's office also said that she has character witnesses to speak on her behalf tomorrow. What! Our attorney told us it wouldn't come to the character witnesses when we met with him initially. Of course we could drag a parade of people in there that could say great things about us and our parenting skills, but I don't know how anyone could miss work on such short notice. Hopefully our evidence and the people we have subpoened will be enough to pull us through successfully. Please say a little prayer for us! I'll post an update tomorrow afternoon when we get home.

7 comments:

Jacy said...

Prayers for you guys Monica! Such a difficult situation but you guys are doing the right thing and it will work out :)

Meredith said...

Prayers going up for you Monica!!! I am so hoping for the very best!!!

chandra said...

Lots of prayers Monica. I'm sorry all of you are going through this. Sounds like Zanies will be a good stress release and prayers that it's a night of celebration.

Margie said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be praying for you guys :)

Angie Morris said...

Good luck girl!!! I'd stand in court any day for you guys!!! I know you are awesome parents to Brycee!

Christy Sanford said...

i have been praying just wanted to check on your status!!

Shannon said...

Prayers for you guys!!! I hope your evening tonight is one of celebration!!