12.24.2008

mERry Christmas Eve

Hey! Notice the "ER" in my title? Yep, that's where we were yesterday. I had no choice but to take Bryce in yesterday. He woke up with a fever of 100.3 so I gave him motrin. Three hours later his fever was actually higher at 103.3, so I gave him tylenol and put in a call to the ped's office. The only appt open was at 4:45...grr... I stuck him in bed to rest and a few minutes later I hear a big "thud" and find him on his bedroom floor wailing. He tried to stand up but his legs were too weak. He was still on fire at 103.5 after all these meds AND a lukewarm bath. We headed on to the ER. He definately has an ear infection. I was beyond pissed about this yesterday too!

Here's the backstory....

We've all been fighting some upper respiratory crud for the past week or so. Drew was doing the same thing as Bryce was last Wednesday night. A fever, guarding his right ear, yadda yadda. As a mom, you know. Ear infection. We went to the walk-in appts at Dr. E's office on Thursday. Yep, ear infection. He gave him a round of antibiotics and the kiddo was back on his feet!

The next morning, Bryce and I woke up feeling like we had been hit by a truck. I drug us into one of the "minute clinics" down the street to get us a z-pack or similar antibiotics. That was a no-go. We left with antihistimanies! WTH?!? I didn't see the scripts since they faxed them to Publix for me, you know....free antibiotics and all (never miss an opportunity for FREE). When we picked them up, she said "That'll be $16." Uhh.....why? Because we DIDN'T GET ANY ANTIBIOTICS!!!! Now, I'm not a doctor, and I don't claim to be, but common sense would tell you that what's good enough for D is good enough for B. He didn't need any $8 cough syrup. Hell, I had that at home already. So what did I do? I called them. Demanded some cillin. Did I get it? Nope. "It's a viral infection. It won't do any good." Blah, blah, blah. Well, we've got the amoxicillin now!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Mom's always know best. Hope that he is feeling better soon.

Angie Morris said...

Awe hope you all feel better soon

Margie said...

Poor kid! I hope he is feeling better :)