1.09.2009

untitled

No clever title for this entry.

I took Bryce yesterday for a "meeting" with the principal of the Discovery School. They haven't done this in the past, but the principal and the literacy director (I think that was her title) wanted to meet with each student one-on-one. They took him back to another room while I waited for about thirty minutes. The only comment I was given by the principal was "You have a very hard worker!". I tried to quiz Bryce about what he did back there. From what I understood, they told him a word, like "dog" and asked him to say what the first letter and the last letter of the word was. I have no idea how he did on the last letter thing. He's nailing beginning letters though. He also had to write his name, but Bryce said everything was easy. He goes in for a standardized test on Saturday!

We're also having Bryce's birthday party at the house on Sunday. I've hired a magician, so hopefully it will be fun! He's doing balloons for all the kids, and adults if they want :) I also decided to make the cake and cupcakes for the party, so wish me luck! I was pretty decent at making cakes back in the day. My high school job was at Food Lion in the big town of Smithvegas. I was the first one to turn 18 so they sent me to the deli. Can you imagine me slicing ham?!?! The best part about it was they taught me to decorate cakes. Well, it was exciting to me at the time. I could do the roses, leaves, scallops....all that stuff. I'll be sure to post some pictures when it's done! You may end up seeing a cake from Kroger's if everything flops.

1 comments:

Gwen :) said...

Happy Birthday Bryce! I want to see the pics of your cake!! If you made it I know it was beautiful.