9.17.2008

another moment

I had another mother moment last week. I really had to bite my tongue when I picked up Bryce from school. Okay, so his teacher this year is just a little different to me. I can't explain it. Bryce had such a sweetheart of a teacher last year, so maybe I go a little spoiled.

All the kids were up playing while they were waiting for their parents to pick them up for the day. There was one boy that was sitting in a chair at the table, and I really didn't think anything of it. I was helping Bryce get all of his stuff together, and the boy got up out of the chair (not sure where he was going...) and the teacher had the nastiest tone with him. It was a "Get back in that chair, RIGHT NOW!" sort of thing. Yeah, I talk to Bryce that way from time to time, but I don't expect a teacher at a mother's day out program to speak to a child that way. Really, he wasn't hurting anyone....but I don't know what he did to get in the chair in the first place.

I wanted soooo bad to tell his mom about how nasty the teacher sounded, but then talked myself out of it. It wasn't my business, but on the other hand, I would want to know if the shoe was on the other foot. I hope she was just having a bad day because I have my eye on her now.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

That is not right from any teacher if you ask me. Yes, I talk that way to Kaya sometimes, of course. But not w/o reason, lol. I hear ya though.. I would want to know but feel like I should stay out of it. I hope the teacher gets better!

Angie Morris said...

Well do tell......She is way different than Ms. Brandy was for sure last year.......Keep an eye out for me too