2.18.2010

Here we go!


Do you ever just *feel* smaller? That's me today. I have literally zumba'd my butt off lately and it's been the BEST! I'm missing my strength training, but I also needed to take a break from it for a bit.

Things are just really clicking with me in the weight-loss world. The one SINGLE thing that helps me the most is PLANNING my MEALS in advance. Oh my goodness. I can' t tell you the days I've counted points, thinking I would be good, and then come up short when it's dinner time.

Here's the pattern I follow.....

~first, I take into consideration any exercise planned for the day, and when I may do it (because I earn extra points for exercising, although I rarely use more than 3 of them)

~I start with breakfast, making sure to include a carb and some form of protein

~Then I decide on what's for dinner.

~Fill in lunch next - This is what I do....I pick out one or two weight watcher recipes for the week. Last week was a 'California Wrap'. I prep everything as far in advance as possible, and usually for only a couple of days ahead. I had really struggled with lunch in the past, and making my lunch in advance has been so beneficial. It's something I never had done as a stay-at-home mom.

~Last, I calculate how many points are left (usually 6 or so) and I plan on 2-3 snacks for the rest of the day.



I wanted to share a delicious recipe that I cooked for the family last week. I served this with a side of collard greens for a complete meal.



Chicken Sausage & Apple Skillet


Cooking Spray
6 (3oz) chicken-and-apple sausages (such as Al Fresco)
1 small onion thinly sliced
3 McIntosh apples, each cut into 12 wedges
1/4 cup apple juice
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme

1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray Add sausages; cook 7 minutes or until done. Remove from pan. Cut each link into 4 diagonal slices; keep warm.

2. Reheat pan over medium-high heat. Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add apple; saute 2 minutes. Add sausages and remaining 3 ingredients; simmer 2 minutes or until liquid evaporates.

Yield: 6 (1cup) servings

173 cal/ 5.7 fat/ 2.7fiber (2 points)

0 comments: