1.06.2011

Blowing the dust off the sewing machine

This beauty finally arrived in my mailbox yesterday.  It's "12 Days of Christmas" Moda jelly roll (and 2 yards of coordinating fabric).  I really wanted to make the family some new stockings this year, but with the hustle and bustle of the holidays I thought it would be a better project to put off until after Christmas.  The stockings I have in mind are quilted.  Some like these and these.  I'm a little nervous about how they'll come together, since the only quilting project I've done has been a rag quilt (and matching pillow) like the one below.


I can't wait to get these started...especially if they turn out the way I anticipate!  Promises from me to you to post stocking progress on the blog.  The fabric is washing and I'm ready to quilt this weekend!

1 comments:

essay best said...

Can't wait to see how you use it, will be waiting to see your work. Thank you for sharing this post with us and keep us udpated with the proceedings