1.04.2011

Loving 2011

Yeah, so I know it's the 4th already.  Gotta start somewhere!  So far, 2011 has been a FABULOUS year.  The boys just woke me up about 30 minutes ago (that would be...ahem...8:30!).  I can't remember sleeping this late, ever, since they have been born.

Okay, so on to resolutions....

Did I make any?  Nah.  Not officially.

I have so many dreams and aspirations for my life as a whole, that I don't know what will be achieved in this year - or the next - or the next.  I decided that I view "resolutions" as a to-do list of sorts, thinking of them as just something else to cross off my list.  I don't want the stress.

I did sit down and think about 2010.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.  Was there anything I didn't want to repeat in the years to follow?  The answer is YES!

*First of all, I am going to remind myself that I am a working mom.  (I have 154 hours on my time sheet to prove it!)  I consider myself more of a full-time housewife since I am home everyday, so the burden of all the cleaning-laundry-cooking stuff falls on my shoulders in addition to work.  I decided to delegate, or just chill out.  So what if I don't have a spotless house every day?  Who sees it besides us?

That leads to the second area I want to improve in.....

*Savoring every moment with my husband and kids.  I am seeing quickly from B how soon all the kisses and cuddles become "uncool", so it's time to quit fretting all the unimportant, monotonous, day-to-day crap that I have been so focused on and enjoy my life!

This proves my point.  This post is from 2006.  Look at my to-do list!  I could put almost 90% of that same crap on a list today.  Just goes to show that I will be doing these same chores for the rest of my life.  The boys are only little once.

It's kind of ironic that I'm blogging about this since I just finished my "hit list" for this week. Yes, I need a plan. I need guidance. I need an organized way to utilize my time or I'll waste it. I need lists to stay focused. It just seems like I have so many random thoughts going through my head that if I don't write them down, I'll forget. You know how when you're walking through the house and you see something that needs attention (cleaning, moving, etc), well for some reason, if I don't write that stuff down I'll just forget. So, here are a few things on my list:
-put up Christmas tree and decorations
-address Christmas cards
-order more gifts online
-wrap presents
-clean out my purse
-get my class stuff organized
-find some outfits for upcoming parties
-pay bills
-fold laundry and put away
-work out
-color my hair
-print out titles for the store
-shop for all of these babies that are coming in the next few months!
-return clothes to Carter's

So for 2011, I am living for myself.  I will be doing things that make me happy.  It's in my blood to be a people pleaser & a control freak, so it will be a hard transition backing off from the responsibilities I have piled on my plate.

***edited to add - I tested this out today!  The 2010 me would've set my alarm (on Christmas BREAK) to make it to spin class this morning (especially since I told the instructor I would be there).  I let it go!  No alarm.  The boys were my alarm.  We woke up, cuddled, had breakfast, watched Nick Jr together and then started on another Lego set together while I enjoyed a cup of coffee :)

1 comments:

chandra said...

Love. This. Post.