5.14.2006

Pickin' Strawberries




First of all, strawberries are my all time FAVORITE summertime fruit, with watermelon coming in a close second. When I heard about a couple of strawberry patches on the outskirts of Murfreesboro, I knew it would be an awesome outing for me and Bryce. On Friday we went to P & P Strawberry Farms in Lascassas. The drive out to the country was so beautiful! I miss Smithville for that reason only. Just seeing empty, rolling hills for miles is so refreshing.

So, we go rolling up the gravel driveway, and see two HUGE strawberry patches! These were the biggest, reddest berries I have ever seen! Not at all like the crap you get at Krogers. We walk up to the man who seems to be in charge, and he shows us to some baskets and directs us where to start. You pay when you finish, which can be dangerous with a toddler who always wants MORE! But by the time we filled the basket he was already wanting to move onto other things. It was so much fun picking the berries (we ended up with a gallon...which are already halfway eaten) and we may have to journey there again this week!

2 comments:

busymomof3 said...

Love the pics! SO sweet! I can't wait to take my girls next week!

Ingrid said...

It's amazing how toddlers can eat their weight in fruit, especially when it's freshly picked!