5.18.2006

VENT about my day yesterday

Alright, this may offend some, but it's MY blog and I need to get this out!

My last patient of the day yesterday....WOAH! Let me start from the beginning. She was originally scheduled for 1:00. She called to reschedule to 3:00. Well, 3:00 came, no show. Called at 3:30 to request to come at 4:00. Okay, FINE! This is it. They told her if she wasn't in by 4:15 she would have to reschedule. I didn't plan on her showing up, but you know she was there with bells on!

She's scheduled for a pelvic ultrasound with a diagnosis of ammenorrhea (absence of periods). I bring her back and begin to get her history about symptoms, etc. She came out and said, "I'm here to see my baby!". Okay, so you're PREGNANT?? The doctor's office is too STUPID to figure that out?? I'm very confused at this point with the entire situation.

Enter....baby daddy.

This poor guy is about to become a father for the first time, this will be her FIFTH child (she was born in 1983 by the way). I usually don't bring the significant others back until I've done all of my diagnostic images, but since I was SUPPOSE to leave at 4:30, I thought I would kill two birds with one stone.
BIG MISTAKE!!! Baby daddy (BD from now on) really started to drive me up the wall! The PDA's were enough to make me want to stop the ultrasound and barf in the trashcan! He was kissing and licking her belly, while I was doing the ultrasound!!! I had to bump into his face with the probe. Totally disgusting!!! So, I had enough with his redneck, Podunk comments, and asked him to leave the room because he's becoming very DISTRACTING! He proceeded to tell me that this is HIS baby (I guess not to be confused with the other guys that have had sex with mom) and he'll be in here if he wants to be. So I got up out of my chair and slid it over in the corner, and made him sit there until I was finished. Yes, I had to put BD in a time-out.

I eventually finished with this 3-ring circus. (by the way, mom's best friend was in the room, but I think I scared her to death since she didn't say a word the entire time) It was definitely one of those days that I needed to find a liquor store after work!

5 comments:

busymomof3 said...

LMAO!! I SO know what you are talking about! I love the "time out" plan! Thankfully I can ask security to remove BD's at any time I feel like it.. and I often do! Along with ignorant MIL's and such... HUGS girl! Sorry it was such a mess!

Kristen said...

Gotta love the general public. LOL about the Baby Daddy.

chaos is my life said...

LMAO! I'm so sorry about BD. Um, don't they always give a pregnancy test if you don't have a period? Oh, no, wait, just send them for an ultrasound to rule out pregnancy at the expense of the everyday taxpayer. LOL! All right. Now I am not going to complain about how crappy my days are.

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

Oh my gosh!! How do keep a straight face during that?! Thanks for the chuckle!!

Riki said...

wow! Gotta' love people.