6.01.2006

"Oh Monta"

My child has given up on calling me mama. Yep, he's finally picked up the fact that "big people" have another name for me, and since he thinks he's SO big, he must now call me Monica. Or, to pronounce it like he does..."Mon-ta". I got told today, and I quote, "Go play Monta!". Maybe my son's just eclectic, you know, wanting to be different, break the mold and such. I have to look on the bright side, it is pretty darn cute.

But anyway, here's how the rest of my day went....I went out searching Lowe's and Home Depot for some 1" square tiles. I saw the coolest thing in a BH&G magazine of how to do a mosaic frame around your bathroom mirror with tiles and clear acrylic caulk. How simple, and different! But, no such luck. I may have to order online to get the colors that I want. Next, I went to the Y around 11 and did a 25 minute elliptical interval session. Atleast I think it was 25 minutes! I accidentally hit the "reset" button in the middle of my workout. I didn't get my exact time, which accelerates the OCD in me. I worked with a resistance band today for my legs and booty. I started with 50 squats, hip extensions, lying leg lifts (inner and outer) and crunches. I'm going to hit it in the morning early and get in cardio and some upper body weights, granted I don't get called in a bunch tonight.

After my workout, I assembled kits for my class on Saturday. It took me four freakin' hours!!! I could not believe it! I knew there was a good reason I hated mini books! It will be my last class for awhile, and I so need the break.

Bryce and I headed to Kristen's house. Thanks Kristen for hosting the Pampered Chef party tonight! I really wish I could've indulged in the chocolate chip cheesecake, but I need a little less jiggle in the middle right now.

We have TONS of people coming to the house tomorrow to repair things that are crapping out. Our 1 year builder's warranty is up in July, so we've started calling in advance to get people out here in ample time. I guess my booty will be staying close to the house tomorrow. *Note...set alarm for 5:30am to get to Y*

:::yawn:::

3 comments:

busymomof3 said...

I hope you made it to the Y!
The bathroom is going to look awesome with those tiles! You are so crafty!
Glad you are getting the break from classes. I have been wanting to scrap, but feel so uncreative lately. My last layout looked awful, so I haven't had the urge to start again! LOL

Kristen said...

It's been fun seeing you at the Y lately. I hardly see anyone I know there.
I'm still on my scrapbooking break. I started my break 1 1/2 years ago. Hee hee.

Riki said...

It's the age of the boys, mine calls me my name too. LOL, cute but I correct him and tell him that is my name but I'm mommy to you.