6.30.2006

****tWiNKle ToeS****

Chris and I went BALLROOM DANCING last night! We've never done anything like that before. We're not into the artsy fartsy stuff like theaters and museums, and I always thought this fell into that category. Chris's boss and co-worker both attend this dance school and they get "points" for guests that they bring in. The "points" equal out to free dance lessons, so it pays off. We decided we would help them out. We had Alex over to watch Bryce, and I had someone cover my call for awhile too. We arrived at 7pm for our "private" lesson with the instructor. He did a one-on-one lesson with Chris and I to kind of teach us the basics about hand positions, postures, etc. Then we started learning some basic moves. We did one basic move from three dances; the Waltz, the Rumba and Push-Pull. It was so much fun! I was very anxious to learn more, hence our sit-down session with the teacher after the lesson. It was $300 for "3" more lessons!!! ACK! I had fun, but I could think of a lot more ways to have fun with $300! And that was just the tip of the iceberg. After that, to continue you must purchase packages from a tier...that can cost you in the THOUSANDS! But it was fun and free for us this time.

After our private session, we had an hour long group class. This was where everyone who was at the studio got on the dance floor to practice the above mentioned dance steps...in a group setting. Our good gay friend, Jimmy was there too. He's such a hoot! They asked the girls to go to one side of the room, and the guys to go to the other side. Well, Jimmy thought he was one of the girls! It was hilarious! I'm glad we had the private lesson before, or I wouldn't have learned anything because I was laughing so hard. The thing that I didn't like about the group lessons is that you switch partners. I danced with all of the men about two times each. All those sweaty palms...ICK! But all in all it was fun! If anyone wants to have a night and try what we did, just let me know! I'm sure Chris's boss would love to have the credit for you coming to try it out!

4 comments:

Laura said...

well, that sounds like fun! I've secretly always wanted to go ball room dancing!

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

That sounds like a lot of fun!! I would love to learn, but not for that amount of money!!!

busymomof3 said...

How cool! Thank God our salsa lessons were only $15! I didn't realize we got such a deal. The guy that is teaching them also teaches at a dance school in Nashville. Wonder if it's the same school??
I hear ya on the money. That's way too much for dance lessons! We had to dance with everyone as well, so I can SO relate to the sweaty hands! LOL I felt like I needed a good scrubbing afterwards!

Kristen said...

That sounds awesome! The cost sucks though. I know a gay guy named Jimmy too (CA). Too funny.