8.31.2006

Getting caught up

It's amazing that it has taken me almost a week to fall back into my regular routine. I got back home Friday evening from LA, so I didn't do much other than family stuff over the weekend. That left lots of laundry, mopping, etc for the week. I really felt like I was missed though!

The Dr. Phil show was awesome! It's so neat to see all of the elements that it takes to film a TV show. There were probably about 10 cameras floating around at all times (which meant no nose picking!). We were fortunate enough to see two back-to-back tapings (the 2nd show was not sold out). The first episode was "Revenge of the Ex's". Very cool! I love hearing the drama behind cheaters. The main guests were the people involved in a lawsuit regarding the website www.dontdatehimgirl.com. Which was interesting because I read an article in People magazine about this while we were on the flight out there! They couldn't give us a date for when that show would air, but I'll keep checking the website.

The second taping was about Dr. Phil's wife Robin. She has a new book coming out September 12th (and a very good book at that). That's also when the show will air, so look for me about 4 rows back from the stage (on the left side of the television).

I'll leave you with a quote from Robin's book. This really hit home with me.

"You can't control other people. You can't control what they say, what they think, or what they do. People have the right to say and think whatever they want to. But you have the right not to take it to heart, and not to react."


California Pictures

2 comments:

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

I love the pictures!!! It looked like such a fun time!!

Laura said...

Glad you had a good time. I'll be looking for ya on Sept 12!