8.03.2006

Okay, now I'm excited!

I've been on this mission the past month or so to really get my house lookin' good! We've been here for a year now, and at first I was totally clueless to what I wanted to do in the house...but now I'm getting really inspired.

We painted and rearranged the living room last month. I'm so happy with that! I'm in the process of painting the master bath. So far it's been quite tedious due to the faux painting techinque that I chose, but it's halfway finished!

But what's really making me happy is the hall bathroom. I have always been unhappy with the boring way it looks. See pics:

I had someone come out on Wednesday and give me an estimate to do a wall mural on this big wall (where the towel rack is). I was pleased with the price! She's coming out next week to get started. We picked out a bunch of bright, bold colors to really liven it up. This is a picture of what I would like to have painted:

I'm opting out the palm trees in the background. I just don't know how realistic they would look. Anyhow, I've also started another project in the bathroom. I purchased some mosaic tiles from e-bay to make a border around the mirror. So far it's pretty tedious but I'm liking the results. Here's about 1/2 of one side finished:

5 comments:

chandra said...

You go! I've been wanting to do that tile project around the mirror in my master bath. You'll have to let me know where you found the tiles. The mural looks really cute. That room will look awesome when it's all done!

Anonymous said...

Wow girl that is going to look awesome......I need to get her to come out and check my house out as soon as I figure out what I want to go LOL

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

You go girl!! That looks so awesome and that mural will rock too!! Your so good at this stuff!!! I may need your help when we move! ;)

Shannon said...

It looks awesome! You have such a good eye! I could really use your help

Laura said...

wow, I love that mural. I wanna see pictures when it's done. And the mosaic idea is really cool!