8.17.2006

A little on the down side

"Life comes at you fast"

Have you ever seen that Nationwide commercial? That's totally how I've been feeling lately. Between work, home, family and tons of other commitments I've made, I seem to barely keep my head above water. Just when I seem to get caught up on things, I'm suddenly behind the next day.

I'm really unhappy with my job these days. I love the paychecks, but what good is it to have your "days" off if you're too tired to ever do anything? Not to mention I've been an ill little hornet. So don't ask me for any favors for about a week..okay? Just kidding. My trip to LA is next week and it's well needed!

I've decided to jump out of the fast lane for today and chill out with Bryce. I'm going to work out today (which will hopefully make me feel better), go get Bryce some flashcards (the boy's a SPONGE lately), and maybe blow up the waterslide for him. I'm planning on a fun, yet lazy day!

4 comments:

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

Sounds like a great plan. Sorry your so stretched out lately. I agree, a large paycheck isn't worth it if you can't enjoy your days off. HUGS girl.

Sonia said...

I get that feeling often. Ecspecially these past couple of weeks with school starting back. Have fun with the water!

Riki said...

Hope that things get to slow down to a better pace for you. Have fun on your trip!

Kristen said...

Overcommittment sucks. I have a hard time with the N-O word, so I get in a bind sometimes as well. Hopefully things will be brighter after seeing Dr Phil.