3.31.2008

Counting my blessings!

At Drew's 6-month appointment, I asked the doctor about the risk of him getting the flu if I were to take him to the nursery at the YMCA. He said that they have seen a huge decrease in the amount of flu cases, so his risk should be minimal. YAY! I've been going to the gym in the evenings when Chris gets back, but if given the choice, I prefer to go during the day. I like to get it over with, not to mention the chaos of cooking dinner, catching up with Chris, and just pure exhaustion that I deal with in the evenings...sometimes the last thing I want to do at 6 pm is a huge workout.

So we started back two weeks ago. It was so nice. I dropped Bryce off at MDO, went to the gym, came home and showered...it just felt so nice to be back in my "pre-baby" routine again. Well...last week, Bryce starts getting congested and coughing some. I chalked that up to a cool and windy Easter weekend, and the fact that Chris mowed the grass. I think that kicked up all of our allergies again :( I put the gym on hold until he got well. I gave him some Zyrtec and all was well within a couple of days. We decided to go back last Wednesday. We had been cooped up in the house due to weather and illness, so I was sooo excited about getting out for an hour or two. I got Bryce signed in to his room, and went to check-in Drew. There was a small crowd waiting to check-in their kids as well. Finally, one of the nursery workers came over and said she could take Drew, but she needed a few minutes to "disinfect" the nursery. I asked her why (since they opened at 8am and we were there at 8:45), and she said that they just had someone breakout in what she believed was HFMD (hand, foot and mouth dz). OOOH! I said, "okay, bye!" An hour of alone time was so not worth that risk. I considered that a sign, but I left wondering, "What if I came an hour later? Would they have told me about what hsppened earlier?" Scary to say the least.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad she told you.. That kind of thing is too scary! and probably too common.

Kristen said...

I've been going there a lot less lately. I blame pregnancy, but am so not impressed by their childcare for Alie's age. She hates it there!