3.20.2008

for the love...

***update...I'm no longer livid..hee hee. I got the night off!***


I'm absolutely LIVID right now!

So, I'm at work last night and I notice the April schedule is hanging on the board. I though I would take a quick glance at it, and I noticed that I was put on the schedule to work on April 10th! I filled out a time-off request for that date WEEKS ago! I'm hosting a shower for three mom's-to-be at my house that evening starting at 6pm. Granted, I don't need the entire night off, but I didn't want to worry about getting called back in at 8:45 or 9:00 when I could possibly still have guests.

To me, the way it works around there is screwed up to me, and I plan on sharing my feelings about it to the appropriate people. When I'm at work (which is only in the middle of the night) I have to fill out a request for time off. When I accepted the position, I was told that as long as I gave 30 days notice, taking off would be no problem. If it was sooner than 30 days, then I had to recruit a replacement to work my shift....easier said than done. So, I fill out a request and leave it with the assistant director (I lay it on her desk since she's at home asleep). I NEVER ever hear anything from any of my requests, so I assume I'm always good to go with the dates I request. Now I have nothing to back me up. Nothing in writing. Nothing with a signature. No e-mail stating, "I got your request for time off." So now I'm left to believe either a.) the paper got lost in the mix on her desk, b.) the paper got misplaced c.) I didn't deserve the night off. What makes me the most upset is that the schedule was up last night...3/20. I notice the error 10 days too late to file another request.

I may just turn in my two weeks and take care of it that way.

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Holy sh*t! I would be so pisssed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristen said...

That so sucks! Hopefully they figure their garbage out soon.