8.11.2008

Happy Birthday Hubby!





Happy 37th Chris!

We've been celebrating his birthday all weekend :) He took off from work Friday and today and it's been sooo nice having him home! Poor guy was trying to help out by doing laundry yesterday, and I was in the kitchen and heard a horrible clanking in the dryer. I pulled everything out to find his ipod in the bottom. It's toast now. Too bad it didn't happen BEFORE I did birthday shopping. We got him a new drill (that he picked out), a hat, some XBOX points and aftershave. I got the yummiest (rich, but yummy) cake from Julia's homestyle bakery. It's over by Pei Wei, and I highly suggest checking it out. They have cookies, pies, cakes, coffee....oh my!

My mom was trying to fish for ideas on what to get Chris for his birthday. I cleaverly suggested that they just BABYSIT for us tonight so we can go out and have a "grown-up" dinner at Bonefish or something like that. I know it's a tough time for everyone right now financially, so I would rather spend time with him (and he definately feels the same way). That's been a big downer for me lately. It's been like we have been running on our track and not really getting to be "husband and wife". The kids are pulling us in opposite directions these days, but we managed to have a little "time" this weekend.

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Glad you got to spend some time together. Sounds like he had a great birthday other than killing his i-pod in the wash. That sucks!