11.12.2008

ABC's and 123's

Monday night, I went to a "Prospective Parents Meeting" at Discovery School. I love the concept behind DS and I would love it if Bryce could attend there. I would say he's kindergarten-ready right now, probably due to his age (almost 5), but he also catches on to things fairly quick. I would love for him to have that extra push in kindergarten.

Now, I don't think Bryce is uber-smart or anything. He's just VERY interested in learning. He excels with numbers (can count to 150 and do some addition), reads about a handful of words, writes the alphabet and numbers, but doesn't have much creativity. He has absolutely zero interest in coloring and gets frustrated when he can't do something perfect.

I did find out on Monday night that the odds are not in his favor to get accepted though. The cafeteria was full of parents, who when asked by a show of hands if they were there for kindy testing, almost 97% of the room raised their hands. The school is also lowering the number of K classes from 4 to 3.

The testing is on January 10th, but we will not find out the results until early spring. Wish us luck!

0 comments: