3.14.2006

I never win!

Anything! You name it, I enter it. Drawings at work, at the grocery store and online. Heck, I didn't even win a prize at the baby shower I went to Saturday. I buy powerball tickets only to match a maximum of two numbers on a $10 ticket. I buy scratch offs only to win another ticket (that's a loser).

But, I do have what I like to call "random luckiness". My bouts usually happen in the form of retail.

I was at Victoria's Secret about a month ago buying a new bra. The lady at the register had the hugest pile of panties at her register that she was going through. She asked me if I wanted to go through them, because they were mistakenly left out of their semi-annual clearance sale. She was getting rid of them for $1. They were cute too!

I went to Sonic (my daily watering hole) on Sunday and ordered my usual. A large diet coke...not a lot of ice. What did I get? A Route44!!

That's the extent of my "winnings". But I guess it's the little things in life like a free upgrade of my favorite soft drink that will forever keep me smiling!

3 comments:

April said...

What a way to look at things!! I wish I could say that I even have that kind of luck! LOL ~April at 2Peas

imanewbierunner said...

Hey! Panties for a dollar. That's a steal. I love that kind of luck!

Colleen said...

I think lots of us are in that department when it comes to winning, but it sounds like you have luck with some of the daily things and that you enjoy them. Good for you!