1.11.2010

Adventures in Crafting



I have really been inspired by all of the craft blogs I've found out there! They have really helped my creative juices start flowing again. Here are a couple of the latest "repurposes" I have completed.......


I found this serving tray at the thrift store for $2.50. All it needed was a good sanding and a few coats of paint!



This is the end result! I spray painted it all black. For the top, I mod-podged some fancy scrapbook paper (don't forget a layer on top!) to dress it up a little.



This desk was a Craigslist find for $25. It's a pretty solid desk, but it needed some work. I've been looking for a desk to put in Bryce's room for awhile and we were limited on the size it could be. I thought this made a cute kid's desk. Can you see the potential?




Several coats of paint, some wood putty, new hardware and chalkboard paint resulted in this~




I'm really happy with how it turned out, although the pictures do not do it justice.

1 comments:

Beth said...

I love how the desk turned out! Great job. I am working on a rocking chair....I don't know how it will turn out but I hope it looks good cause if it doesn't I will never hear the end of it from my husband.