1.22.2010

Feeling Strong!

Just so you know....all of the pre-planning in the world can quickly explode in your face. I met a dear friend for lunch today. It was my pick of where to go, so I chose Newk's. I really love their food. Soups, salads, sandwiches. Yum! I was sooo proud of actually planning the trip, looking up the points values for what I wanted and actually sticking to it and ordering it! Um...yeah. Well, the 1 point veggie soup that was on their online menu wasn't available today :( Hence my spur of the moment, lunchtime rush, change of decision to the tomato soup. We make our way to the table, and while we're waiting on our food to come out, I frantically start texting Chris to look up nutrition info (I'm not in the "smartphone" loop just yet). That bowl of soup was a whopping 6 points without garnish! OMG! I didn't mention that I ordered a 1/2 sandwich (Pesto Chicken - 7 points) and soup combo. I really overcame the temptation. I just dipped a few bites of my sandwich into the soup and returned almost a full bowl back to the kitchen. The old me would've just eaten it, gone home and looked up the damage and considered the day a wash, promising to start over fresh tomorrow. Anyway, it may seem minute to you, but this is quite a feat that I'm very proud of!


On another note, the Project Life kits are now available for sell at Amazon! I ordered mine and I can't wait for it to come in. I attempted to do the Project 365 on my own last year without a kit, and I quickly failed.

You can check out the kit here


Project Life is for...

  • The person who loves taking pictures but doesn't do anything with them.
  • Anyone who sees traditional scrapbooking as way too expensive.
  • The parent who would like to make scrapbooks for his or her kids but is far too busy.
  • The new mom who wants to record her baby's growth on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
  • The family that is interested in doing a bonding, memorable project together.
  • The single adult who is looking for a way to preserve their life happenings.
  • The teenager who wants to showcase their pictures.
  • The engaged or newlywed couple who should be preserving this most unique and wonderful time of starting their life together.
Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this!
  • The expectant mother who would want to record all of the changes she's going through and share these feelings through words & pictures.
  • The teacher who is has a desire to record the funny, frustrating, growing experiences that she has in her classroom.
  • The traveler who needs a place to put their travel journal and photographs together in one place.
  • The small business owner, entrepreneur, artist, or anyone who is on a professional journey to create or grow their business.
  • The person who has never ever scrapbooked in their life.
  • The seasoned scrapbooker who has spent too much on supplies and too many hours trying to "keep up".
  • The person who claims to not have a creative bone in her body.

0 comments: