12.22.2010

I love it!

I think I must have the *best* uncle a girl could ask for!  I am always up for doing some home improvements, so I thought to see if my uncle would be interested in tiling my backsplash.  As you can tell from the link, this is not his day job, but rather what he does as a hobby.  He's very good at it too!  We went with travertine tile for the backsplash, and believe it or not we coordinated it all via our smartphones!  We texted pictures back and forth (me at Lowe's, while he was at a tile outlet in Georgia) and luckily it worked out to match everything perfectly!  I couldn't have asked for a better job!

As you can see in the bottom picture, it was his creative idea to run the tile down to the baseboard.  I had never seen it done that way and never even thought about that as an option.  I'm smitten with my new tile!  Oh, and the best part....it was FREE!  His Christmas gift to our family.  <----My jaw is still on the floor about that!

1 comments:

chandra said...

It looks gorgeous! Does your uncle want to adopt another niece?