12.28.2010

Makin' bacon!

So, this is totally not a "cooking" blog, but I feel like I've been doing SO much cooking lately that I might as well share some recipes!

My boys LOVE bacon.  I hate cooking bacon.  That was a problem.  It stinks up the kitchen, makes a greasy mess on the stove and the scent of bacon lingers in my hair all day.  I gave up pan frying bacon a long time ago.  We went the microwave route for awhile, but it just didn't cook up right.  Then, one day on the Rachael Ray show, she did a segment on "baking" bacon.  You put it on a broiler rack (pan below, duh) and bake almost 45 minutes.  Well, we tried it on the weekend.  It was pretty darn good, but who has that much time in the mornings before school?  Not to mention the mess it made on the pan.




Then I got out my trusty Pampered Chef bar pan, which I use for everything...

I found this awesome good nitrate free bacon


Crank the oven anywhere from 375-400 (I usually go low and slow).  At 375 my bacon was perfect after 20 minutes.


I removed it from the pan right after taking it out of the oven and placed it on some paper towels to drain the grease, plus...it will continue to cook on the stone even after it's out of the oven.

Give it a try~

0 comments: