10.20.2006

Has it really been that long?

I guess I'm not very dedicated to my blog! The only "excuse" I really have is just the normal life of a mommy.

I got very excited this morning when I logged onto my checking account. Today is payday for me, and I kind of have this "goal", or amount that I have always hoped to achieve (weird, I know). But anyway, I blew it out of the water today! My check was about $600 more than it usually is. Not because I worked that much more, but because my previous checks have been short, and they finally corrected it. I don't have any big plans for the money...all of the bills are paid and everyone here is fat and happy, so I guess to the savings account it goes.

Just a little catch up.....
The Blackman Volunteer Fire Department held a Fire Safety night last week. I was very impressed with their efforts! They had an army tank, a smoke filled house to educate kids, and FIRE TRUCKS! My child is crazy about things with sirens and lights. Well, when he got to put on the hat and "drive" the truck (lights flashing, sirens blazing) he was in heaven! It was a little boy's dream come true! The grand finale of the night was when Life Flight landed! There's just something fascinating to me about helicopters. The flight nurses were so nice! They let everyone (kids included) sit in the helicopter...not in the front though, too many buttons to push! We had such a great time!

0 comments: