10.02.2006

New shoes, a broken toe and a nasty washing machine

What a title, huh? Those have been the peak moments of my life lately. Let's start with the shoes. Bryce has had his toddler Crocs all summer, and when the temps started to drop I grabbed his tennis shoes from the closet and guess what? They didn't fit. I mean what was I thinking? Was I thinking? I know I have to buy a new wardrobe for him each season, so I don't know why I expected his shoes from last winter to still fit. Off to Shoe Carnival we go. I love to hate that place. But anyway, we ended up with a size 9 1/2 white pair of K-Swiss! An entire size and a half from his old shoes! Here's a pic of the little guy....very proud of his new kicks!


And then...the toe. My smallest, most unimportant little piggy toe on my left foot is still throbbing with pain.I stubbed the holy crap out of it Saturday evening. Yes, I was sober! I just wasn't paying attention. And you know what the craziest thing is? I have 10 toes...everyone has managed to step on the ONE BAD TOE I have! I'm in flip-flops now, which sucks at work. I have to wear those stupid blue booties. Oh well, it will heal.

Finally, my washing machine. I've had this washing machine for almost 9 years now. I knew it was getting sort of soap scummy so I bought some vinegar about 6 months ago with intentions of cleaning it. I finally conquered it yesterday. I have never in my life seen something so nasty! I'll spare you any pictures (well, actually I didn't take any pictures. That might be weird), but let me just suggest that everyone check their fabric softner dispenser atleast once a year. I about chucked when I discovered what was growing in mine!

3 comments:

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

OH wow, I can imagine what's sitting in my washer!! It's over 10 years old!! Sorry about your toe! What a big boy with his new shoes. He's so cute!

chaos is my life said...

Sorry about your toe! I know what you mean about the fabric softner dispenser. Mine took a life of it's own, so now, I try to rinse it out once a week. It was SUPER FUNKY! LOL! Take care, girl!

Riki said...

I hope your foot is better. I love the Bryce loves his new shoes. Stephen gets all excited about shoes too. :)