7.17.2006

Random Ramble

I've had alot going on lately, and it seems like every day has been a blur since Thursday. I worked Thursday in Smyrna until about 4pm. I then packed up all of my Tastefully Simple supplies and headed to Liberty, TN for a show. Her house was in the BOONIES! Don't you hate it when MapQuest screws up directions? That's one thing about lovely DeKalb County (my hometown), people love to tear down street signs! So my directions had "left turn onto so-and-so road", but I didn't know where in the hell that was! Anyway, I found it with about a minute to spare. The show went very well! She sold about $424 in product and I got two more bookings, so that made me happy! I packed up everything and headed back to the boro. As soon as I entered the city limits, I kid you not, my pager went off. Time to go back to work! I stopped by the house to change and unload my cold items and went to work...not once....not twice....but THREE TIMES!! Yep, three callbacks in one night. OUCH that hurt! So, I took my happy ass to work in Smyrna on Friday at 8am. Why do I do this to myself! LOL! Three hours of sleep (combined, not all at once) is not enough to put up with some of my patients that I have there. I'll post the Jerry Springer-ish experience in a separate blog.

So, to continue my saga....I had to set up for a yard sale after work on Friday. I got all of the clothes hung and items set up on the tables ready to go for a 7am start. NOT! My friend (whose house I was having this at) calls me at 5:45am and asks me, "How much will you take for your printer?". I was like WTF! People were knocking on her door that damn early! Have some respect people! But anyway, I ended up with almost $350 cash after the sale, and alot of stuff to take to Goodwill. We took our earnings and went to dinner at The Chop House. If you've never been there, I highly recommend this place. I had skewered shrimp with asparagus, and Chris got the 12-oz prime rib. It was Yum-Yum!

Another idiotic thing I did was signing up to take call yesterday (Sunday). After my hellish last three days. I thought it would be easy money. The girl that usually works that shift was off, and she usually only comes in a couple of times. They wore me out! I started the day off with a 15-year old with a DVT. So the ER docs thought it would be a good idea to do a venous doppler on ALL of the patients that came in with leg, ankle or knee pain. I probably did about ten exams yesterday and spent more in gas money than I made.

But, I have a fairly sane week now. I'll be in a much better mood in a couple of days ;)

7 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow. You're post is wearing me out too! That's cool about the $350. I can't believe how rude people are. GRRRRRR.

Tiffany and Dave thank you again for the scan. They are so excited about their little GIRL!

Shannon said...

Wow! What a weekend. I can't believe how rude some people can be, but I've heard that when you have a yard sale you get lots of early birds. Sorry for your hellish work weekend, but so glad you were working Sunday to do my u/s. I SOOOOO appreciate it! Glad your TS party went well and you made some good yard sale money. Woo hoo!!!

busymomof3 said...

What a busy few days! So glad your TS business is getting off to a great start! That sucks about the call though! I HATE call!!
I got called in this week too :(
I love Chop House! It is good eating! Awesome on making all that moulah at the yard sale!!

ashkaitnjakesmom said...

Sounds like a very good yard sale!! I've never been to the chop house.

I hate early bird yard salers! Whenever Jacy and I have one, they come and get in our stuff before we can set it up!! GRRR

Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»